[Prospect First Name],
To quickly introduce myself, I am with SalesScripter and we find that it is very common for sales people to have challenges with:
- Don’t know what to say and ask when prospecting
- Not able to grab the prospect’s attention or effectively communicate
- It can be tough to build a sales pitch that stands out from the rest and effectively communicates to prospects
- Cold calling and prospecting can seem difficult and like running in place
- It is difficult to generate leads and get their foot in the door with new clients
- It can be difficult to consistently hit and exceed sales targets and objectives
- Commissions and earnings are not at the level where they need to be
I am not sure if you are concerned about any of those and that is why I am reaching out to you. I will try to give you a call next week.
If you are interested in talking before then, I can schedule a brief 15 to 20 minute meeting next Tuesday or Thursday morning where we can discuss your goals and challenges and share any value and insight that we have to offer.
How to Use this Email
It is important to point out that this email is not going to close the deal by itself. The first goal with a prospecting letter sample like this is to just avoid getting deleted immediately by the prospect.
If we are successful at that, then we are going in a good direction and we can then try to grab the prospect’s attention and build a little interest. And that is what talking about the pain points that you resolve will help to do.
After sending this, you might get a response. But you are not going to sit back and either expect or wait for that to happen. We recommend that you follow up this prospecting letter sample with direct phone calls, periodic voicemail messages, and additional emails until you get a hold of the target prospect.