Here are some quick tips for how to have the best sales emails.
1. Don’t sound like a salesperson trying to sell something in your email.
The place that we want to start with our sales tips on how to have the is to start with the point that your prospects are going to get a lot of emails from other salespeople. Because of that, they will have a quick trigger on hitting delete with emails.
The first thing you want to do to improve the effectiveness of your sales prospecting emails is to improve your ability to minimize the likelihood that prospects will instantly delete your email. And one way to do this is to not give off the immediate impression that you are a salesperson trying to sell something.
2. Minimize the details about your product and company.
There is a good chance that you read that first step and think it makes sense but you are thinking, “How do I not sound like a salesperson trying to sell something, when I am a salesperson trying to sell something?”
The answer to that is to not send sales prospecting emails that outline a bunch of details around the company that you work for, the products you sell, and what your products do. That is exactly what a most salesperson do and when you fall into the trap of doing this, you will immediately give the impression that you are trying to sell something and this can trigger the instant delete trigger.
3. To have the best sales emails, focus more on the prospect.
We just pointed out to not talk all about you (your company, products, and features) in your emails. Take that one step further to have the best sales emails by focusing your email and your message around your prospect and their interests.
The reason that this shift can help to create the best sales emails is that the thing that we all care about most is ourselves. You care about your sales. Your prospect cares more about their stuff which is their business, their job, their family, their income, etc.
Focus on this and you will be more likely to grab the sales prospect’s attention and also communicate in a language that they understand.
4. Talk about the improvements that you typically help clients to achieve.
One way to focus more on the prospect and to have the best sales emails, but also connect what you say to your products at the same time, is to talk about the improvements that your products help the customer to achieve. Here is an example:
Subject line: Make your team more successful with outbound phone prospecting and lead generation
Hello [Prospect First Name],
The reason I am reaching out is that I am with SalesScripter and we help managers with inside sales reps to:
- Make their team more successful with outbound phone prospecting and lead generation
- Shorten the amount of time that it takes to train new salespeople
- Get their sales people asking the right questions and using the best sales pitch
- Improve sales performance for every member of the sales team
- Decrease sales staff turnover
- Get under-performing sales resources back on track
- Decrease the time and headache that comes with trying to get new sales hires ramped
5. Focus on the problems that you help the prospect to fix.
Another way to have the best sales emails and focus more on the prospects interests is to outline the problems you help to fix.
Subject line: Challenging for sales to generate leads and get into new accounts
Hello [Prospect First Name],
The reason I am reaching out is that I am with SalesScripter and we find that it is very common for managers with inside sales reps to have challenges with:
- Challenging for sales to generate leads and get into new accounts
- Difficulty getting sales resources saying to right sales pitch and asking the right questions
- Can be unclear how to get under-performing sales resources corrected and on the right path
- Sales staff turnover can be often be higher and more costly than would be preferred
- It can be time consuming and a daunting task to get new sales hires trained and ramped up
- It can take a long time to get new sales hires ramped up and performing
- Difficult to get the entire sales team to increase sales performance and consistently hit targets
We hope that gives you some ideas that you can use that help you to create the best sales emails.