In this video, we discuss how to create a sales script for business process outsourcing. The starting place for this script comes from another video that we created where we share a cold call from a salesperson that appears to sell business process outsourcing in the area of accounts payable and accounts receivable. We took her cold call script and put it through our sales script building process and we explain each of those steps in this video.
Start with the product
The process to create a sales script for business process outsourcing starts with outlining key details about the product or service being sold. I like to view what is being sold as a box that the customer gets and in this step, we are trying to outline everything that is in the box.
Here what I brainstormed as the features for this salesperson:
- Take care of AP and AR processes
- Real-time dashboard
- Dedicated account rep
Once you outline what is included with the product, try to go one step further to identify how you are different from the competition.
- No set up time and costs
Identify the target audience
The next step in the process to write a sales script for business process outsourcing is to identify the target audience that you will be talking to or reaching out to. What you select here will impact the rest of the sales script that you create and you can get very specific. But for this example, we are going to keep it broad and just use business owners as the target audience.
Identify the value that you have to offer
Try to think about how the improvements that your product or service can create for the target audience that you selected in the previous step.
- Simplify AP and AR processes
- Decrease time spent dealing with AP and AR
- Decrease time to receive payments
- Decrease delinquent payments
Identify the pain points you help to address
To have a good sales script for business process outsourcing, you want to mention the pain points that you can make go away. And to help you to create a short list of pain points, you can actually look back at the improvements that you just came up with because each improvement that is created usually has an opposite problem that goes away.
- AP and AR can be intensive processes
- AP and AR can be time-consuming and labor-intensive
- Takes too much time to get customers to pay
- Large amount of AP is never recovered
Create questions to ask
For each pain point that we can help to decrease, there is a question that we can ask to see if that pain point exists or is a concern for the prospect:
- How do you feel about the current AP/AR processes?
- How important is it to spend less time on AP/AR?
- How helpful would it be to get customers to pay faster?
- How important is it to decrease delinquent customers?
We also recommend that you ask curent state questions and these are questions that try to learn what the prospect is doing in the area where you have something to sell:
- What does your AP/AR process look like?
- How much of your AP/AR process is automated?
- Have you outsourced any of your AP/AR processes?
- Are you working with any BPO providers?
- How many people do you have working on AP and AR?
- Do you have a lot of receivables?
- What is your average days outstanding for your AR?
- How much revenue are you not able to recover?
- When was the last time you looked at improving AP/AR?
We hope this sales script for business process outsourcing gives you some ideas for improving your outreach!