In this video, we discuss how to create a sales script for selling residential real estate. I created this while working with a client that is a residential real estate agent and this is a sales script for talking with home sellers and trying to get them to list their home with this agent.
The first step in our process to create a sales script for selling residential real estate is to outline details about the product being sold. In this case, the product is residential real estate sales.
When brainstorming product details, I like to outline the features of the product. I know that sounds weird when talking about real estate sales but here are some features that clients get when they work with this agent:
- List properties for sale
- Staging and photography
- Develop pricing strategies
- Manage marketing activities
- Help with the paperwork and legal documentation
- Manage contract and pricing negotiations
I also like to try to think about how is the product different from the competition. So in this case, how is this agent different from other agents and these are some things we came up with:
- I spend more time with my clients to educate them through the process to make sure they are comfortable and making the best and most informed decisions
- I am focused on building strong and long-term relationships with my clients
Identify Value Offered
The next step in our process to create a sales script for selling residential real estate is to brainstorm the benefits we can deliver to the customers or clients that work with us.
We help people selling their home to:
- Sell their property quickly at the highest possible price
- Decrease the time they have to spend throughout the sales process
- Focus more of their time on their move and their next chapter
- Decrease the risk of their home being on the market for longer than needed
- Have the most up-to-date market research and comparative data
Identify the Pain We Can Fix
The next step in our process to create a sales script for selling residential real estate is to brainstorm the pain points we can help to make go away for the customers or clients that work with us.
- Homes are staying on the market longer and not selling for the prices that they used to
- Can be time-consuming to go through the process of selling a home
- Selling a home can be a distraction for more important areas of life
- Money is lost the longer a home sits on the market
- Critical to have quality market research and comparative data
Create Pain Questions to Ask
The next step in our process to create a sales script for selling residential real estate is to create good questions to ask. If we just created a good list of pain points, for each pain point is a question that could be asked..
- How easy do you think it will be to sell your home?
- How concerned are you about the amount of time you will have available to spend on selling your home?
- How concerned are you about the amount of distraction selling your home will be?
- How concerned are you about the amount of time that your home is on the market?
- How do you feel about your access to market research and comparative data?