We recently held a webinar where we outlined sales objection rebuttals for the most common sales objections and here is a recording as well as the slides available for download.
Here are some of the main topics that we discussed in this webinar.
3 Options for Handling Objections
One way to start to simplify what to do regarding sales objection rebuttals is to consider that there are 3 main ways to handle sales objections.
- Comply: To comply with an objection is to give in and go with the objection that the prospect is giving you.
- Overcome: To overcome an objection is to try to resolve the objection by changing the prospect’s mind.
- Deflect: To deflect an objection is try to take the conversation in a new yet somewhat related area.
4 Concepts to Consider
Before we went through the actual objection rebuttals in the webinar, we outlined a few concepts to consider.
- Understand the Reasons Why Prospects Give You Objections
One thing that can help you with your approach to how you handle sales objections is to start with trying to understand why prospect’s give you objections. It is pretty safe to assume that these are some reasons why a prospect might throw an objection at you:- They want to get rid of you
– They think you are a salesperson
– They don’t want to be sold to
– They think they do not need what you are selling
– They are not in “buying mode”
- Try to Not Sound Like a Salesperson Trying to Sell Something
If you agree with those reasons why a prospect will give you objections, it can help you to try to avoid looking like a salesperson that is trying to sell something. Not only will this help you to defuse the objections that you receive, but it will also help you to decrease the situations where prospects give you objections as you won’t trigger their feeling that they are about to get stuck hearing some sort of pushy sales pitch.
- Focus on the Sales Process
When you are prospecting, it is easy for salespeople to focus on always closing the sale. But most of us have a step in our sales process of setting an appointment, schedule a meeting, or simply start a longer conversation.If that is one of the main steps of your sales process, focusing your sales pitch so that it is more centered around that goal can not only improve your sales pitch, but can also improve your objection rebuttals and your ability to get around sales objections.
- Build a Consultative Selling Sales Pitch
This webinar is on sales objection responses but we recommend that you before working on that start out by trying to organize your sales pitch. We provide a process for building a consultative sales pitch and that will help you to outline the benefits you offer, the pain points that you fix, and the pre-qualifying questions that you should ask.If you follow our process for creating a sales pitch and you then end up with all of those different points, you can then use those as the main piece to your sales objection rebuttals and we demonstrate that in the webinar.