Here is a sample phone script for an outbound sales prospecting scenario. The script is broken down into the following sections making it both easier to learn and more flexible when on the call.
- Introduction: There always needs to be some sort of introduction. There could be two, one for the gatekeeper and one for the target prospect.
- Value Statement: One way to grab the prospect’s attention is to deliver a one-sentence statement that communicates the value that you have to offer.
- Disqualify Statement: A sentence that questions the fit can help to disarm the prospect.
- Pre-Qualifying: A few questions to pre-qualify the prospect to make sure it makes sense to even talk.
- Common Pain Points: Share some examples of pain points that you have helped to resolve.
- Building Interest Points: Some points to trigger enough interest for you to close for the next step in your sales process.
- Closing: Some language around closing for the next step.
Below is the sample phone script with those components being used.
Hello Gloria, this is Melissa calling from Soft Tech. Have I caught you in the middle of anything?
OK, great. The purpose for my call is that we help businesses to optimize their software applications.
I actually do not know if you are a good fit for what we do so I had a quick question or two.
- Are you currently running applications in virtual systems?
- Do you feel like you are best utilizing the infrastructure that you have in place?
- How concerned are you about the performance of your applications?
Common Pain Points
Oh OK. Well, when talking with other VP’s of Infrastructure, we have noticed that they often express challenges with:
- appropriately sizing the virtual environments
- minimizing the cost of the infrastructure
- improving application performance
Are you concerned with any of those?
Building Interest Points
Well, based on what you shared, it may make sense for us to talk in more detail as we help businesses to resolve all of those challenges.
We do that through our portfolio of virtualization software solutions.
We have helped companies to decrease their infrastructure footprint and improve performance at the same time.
Our products usually have an ROI of 200% and a payback period of 12 months or less.
But since I have called you out of the blue I don’t want to take any more of your time right now. Are you interested in putting some time on the calendar to talk about these challenges in more detail and how we have helped companies like yours in this area?
That is a sample phone script that can be used for outbound sales prospecting. Of course, your situation may require some changes to that flow or that may not be a sample phone script that fits at all with your scenario.
SalesScripter provides sales tools to help sales pros to access a sample phone script.