[Contact’s Name], this is [Your Name] from DCR Workforce, have I caught you in the middle of anything?
We like to start out a phone call script to include some sort of elevator pitch.
Great. The Purpose of my call is that we help hiring managers to:
- shorten the timeframe it takes to place a new hire
- improve the quality of the new hire
- reduce internal time spent searching, screening, and interviewing applicants
One tactic that we like is to do is perform a very soft sales takeaway in our phone call script right after you share your elevator pitch.
I actually don’t know if you need what our services provide so I just had a question or two.
I actually don’t know if you are a good fit for what we provide so I just had a question or two.
I don’t know if you are the right person to speak with but I have just a couple of questions.
The next step and really to central piece of your phone call script are some pre-qualifying questions and you should ask two or three.
- How do you feel about the amount of time it currently takes you to fill open positions?
- How happy are you with the quality of candidates that you are being presented with? Do you feel like you are being able to select from top caliber talent?
- How important is it for you to decrease or minimize the amount of time you spend interviewing?
- How do you feel about your organization’s ability to effectively qualify and screen applicants?
- Are you currently working with an external recruiter or recruiting firm? Are you currently working with staffing agency? If yes – how long have you been working them?
- How concerned are you about delays with filling positions impacting the business operation and bottom line?
- Are you involved in the staffing or hiring of new employees?
- Do you feel like you have the internal resources and processes that are needed to get positions filled quickly and with the right caliber talent?
Common Pain Points
If your questions don’t uncover some needs that you can help with, share some examples of common problems that you often help with.
- It taking longer than needed to place a new hire
- Being presented with the right candidates
- Not having enough time for the interview process because of their everyday responsibilities
- How to effectively qualify and screen applicants
- Experiencing high hard and soft dollar costs due to delays in filling open positions (Some companies experience a loss of as much as $10K per day in revenue due to delays in the hiring process)
- Not having top caliber resources on the team
We hope this phone call script example helps you to take your game to the next level.