Here is an example of an outbound call script for selling digital marketing services to businesses.
Hello [Contact’s Name], this is [your name] from [your company], have I caught you in the middle of anything?
We like to start out an outbound call script with an elevator pitch.
Great. The Purpose of my call is that we help businesses to improve their internal and external communications.
I actually don’t know if you need what our services provide so I just had a question or two.
We like to have the central component of your outbound call script be a set of good probing sales questions.
If I could ask you real quick:
- Are you challenged by having to find ways to communicate very dry and technical information?
- How do you feel about your ability to establish and improve your current brand? Are there any new brands that you need to launch?
- How much of a priority is it to improve your ability to generate leads?
- How important is it to improve your ability to communicate processes and procedures to employees?
- How important is it for you to find new ways to increase revenue from new clients?
Examples of Common Problems
If the questions in your outbound call script do not uncover any challenges that you can help to fix, be a little more direct by sharing some of the problems that you help with.
Oh, OK. Well, as we talk with other businesses, we have noticed that they often express challenges with (or concerns around) :
- Trouble communicating dry and technical information
- Trying to establish a new or existing brand
- Being able to consistently generate leads
- Getting employees on the same page in terms of processes and procedures
- It can be difficult to increase revenue from new clients
- There are often areas for improvement with their websites and that can make it difficult to increase revenue generated online
- Their is fierce competition from direct competitors and difficult to strength their position
- There is always a need to increase revenue and market share
Can you relate to any of those?
Company and Product Info
Right before you close in your outbound call script, share some details about your company and product so that you build enough interest to close the prospect on the next step in your sales process.
It might productive for us to talk in more detail. The reason why is:
As I said, I am with [your company] and we provide a full portfolio of digital marketing services
including everything from web design, print and digital creative design, print, video production, multimedia, and more.
Our digital marketing services can help you to:
- Improve their internal and external communications
- Improve their brand and messaging
- Generate more leads
- Increase employee awareness in key areas
- Increase sales revenue from new clients
- Improve their ability to get more clients and revenue online
- Strength their position in the market place against their direct competitors
- Increase their market share
Some ways that we differ from other options out there are:
- We use a research-based approach.
- We are experts in producing marketing materials specific for the oil and gas industry.
- We utilize a structured process and you will have total visibility every step of the way.
We worked with [past customer name] and provided monthly inbound marketing services around maximizing oil recoveries.
This helped them to attract an audience of reservoir engineers the sales team were not usually contacting, which led to a $250 mm sales over a year period and added 500 active members to the document library.
We hope this helps you to create your outbound call script and take your game to the next level!