The fifth step in the process to create a sales message is to create a name drop example. This is an example of current or past customer that can be included with the sales message and displayed at different places in the sales scripts and emails.
We have designed the name drop step to be extremely quick and easy to complete as there are only three questions that need to be answered:
- Customer name: Enter a customer name of a past or current customer for an example that you want to share. If you do not want to share the exact name of someone or a business, you can enter a descriptive label for the type of customer or organization (small business owner, doctor office, retiree, etc.)
- Initial improvement: In this field, we want you to select the initial improvement that your product created for the customer. In other words, when the customer started to use your product or service, what was initially improved. For example, if you sell something that helps someone to sleep better, the initial improvement could be that you helped the customer to increase the amount of sleep they got every night.
To help decrease the time spent answering questions, we provide a drop down list of the benefits entered into the Value Points page for the sales message. In theory, if you entered all of the benefits the product offers, this list should have something close to how you helped this particular customer. If you select a benefit from the list and want to modify or change it, you can do that either in the Building Blocks section or on the scripts and emails.
- Ultimate improvement: In this field, we want you to select the ultimate improvement that your product created for the customer. This would be an improvement that resulted from the improvement that was selected in the previous question. For example, if your product helped the customer to increase the amount of sleep they got every night, that might lead to the ultimate improvement of them being able to improve their performance at work and create more professional success.
This question will also have a drop down list with the benefits entered into the Value Points page for the sales message.
Once those three questions are answered, the software uses the answers to fill in this name drop blurb which is displayed in the sales scripts:
- We worked with [customer name] and helped them to [initial improvement].
- We were able to do this by providing our [selected product for sales message].
- This ultimately helped them to [ultimate improvement].