Here is an example of a telephone script for making appointments.
Target Prospect Introduction
Start out your telephone script for making appointments with an introduction that confirms if the prospect is available.
Hello Mary, this is Michael Halper, calling from SalesScripter. Have I caught you in the middle of anything?
Then deliver an elevator pitch.
Great. The Purpose of my call is that – (Choose one of below)
- We help Sales Managers to get their sales people saying the best possible sales pitch and asking the right questions.
- We help Sales Managers to shorten the amount of time that it takes to train new salespeople.
- We help Sales Managers to improve sales performance for the entire sales team.
- We help Sales Managers to decrease sales staff turnover.
- We help Sales Managers to get under-performing on the right track.
- We help Sales Managers to simplify training and onboarding for the sales resources.
After you share your elevator pitch, perform a soft takeaway.
I actually don’t know if you are a good fit for what we provide so I just had a question or two.
The core of your telephone script for making appointments should be some probing questions.
- How confident are you that all of your sales resources are asking the right questions when talking with prospects?
- How concerned are you about the amount of time it takes to get new sales hires ramped up and performing? How long on average does it take for a rep to get fully up-to-speed?
- How important is it for you to get under-performing sales resources corrected and on the right path toward meeting or exceeding their objectives?
- How concerned are you about your current level of sales staff turnover?
- How open are you to exploring new ways to boost sales performance for your sales resources?
Share Some Common Problems
If your questions dont uncover some challenges or concerns that you can help with, share some of the problems that you can fix in your telephone script for making appointments.
Oh, OK. Well, as we talk with other Sales Managers, we have noticed that they often express challenges with (or concerns around):
- It can be difficult to get the sales resources saying the right sales pitch and asking the right questions
- It can take long time and be difficult getting new sales resources trained and ramped up
- There is always a need to find ways to continue to improve sales performance
- It can be difficult to get under-performing sales resources corrected and on the right path
- It can be time consuming and a daunting task to get new and existing resources trained up and where they need to be
- Sales staff turnover can be costly and it would be nice to find ways to decrease it
Share Brief Company and Product (Pre-Close)
Right before you go for the close in your telephone script for making appointments, share some brief company and product info.
Well, that is one of the reasons why I am reaching out as there might be potential for us to have a productive conversation.
(Share some details in the following areas)
- Product details
- Name drop
- Picture of a future state
- Threats of doing nothing
But I have actually called you out of the blue so I do not want to take any more of your time right now.
Are you interested in continuing this conversation? If so, a great next step would be for us to schedule a brief 15 to 20 minute meeting where we can discuss your goals and challenges and share some examples of how we have helped organizations like yours.
Is that something that you would like to put on the calendar?
We hope that you can take something from this example of a telephone script for making appointments as you work to create your .
This website is by the non gamstop new uk casino sites where you can play